Q: What does the flymentor 3D do? A: It can let you AUTO pilot for the helcopter in the FIXED position.
- Here are some highlight features of the KDS Flymentor 3D
- Control all movement. including attitde stabilization, speed control, position locking.
- CCD sensor to capture picture of ground, comparing pictures to avoid drifting.
- Switch working mode (horizontal mode and position mode) through AUX channel.
- Integrating head locking gyro and swashplate mizer.
- Control sensitivity 3S 120, 3S 140, 4S 90, 4S 90+45.
- Keep balance in inverted flight.
- Configured by computer through USB.
- If you are using FM/PPM remote control device, when helicopter is out of control, the Flymentor 3D will set aileron, elevator, rudder to neutral, and keep pitch in the final signal position, and switch to positioning mode automatically, the sensitivity is 70%. The Flymentor 3D is consist of three modules, Controller, Sensor and CCD.
It is very easy to configure and use Flymentor 3D, but if you are a beginner, it is recommended to find an experienced pilot for help because of the complex adjusting of mechanism.
During adjusting, please be careful about following:
- It is recommended to make electronic connection between tail pipe, motor shell and helicopter base for earth connection. If the tail drive structure is belt, you should pay more attention to this issure. Attrition between belt and metal will get static electricity, and it will disturb other electronic devives of helicopter.
- Confirm all parts of Flymentor 3D have been mounted on helicopter firmly, and the lens of CCD can see the ground, and you should keep the lens clean.
- The sensor of Flymentor 3D must be mounted horizontally.
- The Flymentor should keep away from engine and vent-pipe, because the vibration of engine will disturb the working of Flymentor 3D, and the smoke from vent-pipe will cover lens of CCD.
- You may add magentic ring on wires between controller, sensor and CCD to reduce electronic disturbance. The wire should twist magnetic ring for three circles at least.
- Channels of aileron, elevator and pitch must be connected with receiver. Connections of gear and aux is optional.
- Wires which are unused should be locked to prevent unexpected affection.
- Slot of controller which is unused should be covered to prevent oil stain or oxidation.
- The maximum turning speed should not exceed 360/s, otherwise the Flymentor 3D may work abnormally.
- Voltage: 4.8 - 6.0V
- Current: 55mA (under 5V)
- Temperature Range: 0℃ - 40℃
- Weight: 37g
Q: Can I install it to my helicopter?
A: You can install this flymentor to ANY helicopter, with 6CH or above, and FM/PPM remote.
Q: Is it difficult to install?
A: It is not difficult, but you must have some experience in installing the RX. Detail manual can be downloaded from our site, you can check it before purchase.
Q: How the flymentor auto pilot itself?
A: It has the CCD sensor which keep taking photo and compare the images from time to time. If it found that the images is not same as the previous image, it will adjust the servo and auto correct it for you!
Q: Is it worth to invest this item?
A: Yes, if you like this auto pilot function. It can prevent your helcopter crash and save you lots of $$.
Please purchase the FlyMentor 3D only if you have confidence / experience to set it up on your helicopter, we do not accept any reason for return / refund of defective or you are unable to setup on your helicopter. What we provide you is a brand new box supplied from KDS factory. Please do not purchase this item if you do not agree.
- 1 x KDS-FLYMENTOR-3D - KDS Flymentor 3D Auto Pilot (Set)
Since we are tired on receiving complains on those newbies who have trouble in setting up the FlyMentor and then said it is defected. If you are newbie, please do not purchase it, it is not for you. It is a wrong thought that you claim people must teach you A-Z when you buy a book, you need to pay a lot more extra for an English class.